Goodpapa: Best Way to Clean a Toilet
Believe it or not, our toilets actually can be one of the cleaner things in our bathrooms; according to a 2011 study conducted by NSF International, our toothbrush holders can host the highest amount of viral bacteria, germs, and mold in our bathroom. But 27% of the toilet seats involved in the study (as well as 14% of toilet handles) contained alarmingly high amounts of mold, yeast, and germs, which illustrates that many people aren't cleaning their toilets correctly. While you may clean or wipe down your toilet often, the best way to remove germs and viruses is to actually disinfect it.
How to Clean a Toilet
Clean your toilet so it’s fit for royalty. They do call it a “porcelain throne,” after all! Follow these five steps for cleaning dirty toilet bowls to remove toilet rings, stains and funky smells – quickly and efficiently!
- Begin by applying toilet cleaner to the bowl, and allow it to soak. If you’re using vinegar in place of toilet cleaner, simply pour a cup into the bowl. Quickly swish the cleaner around the bowl with a brush.
- While the cleaner soaks in, spray the exterior of the toilet with an all-purpose disinfectant. If the toilet is extra dirty, give it a preliminary wipe-down with paper towels and toss them in the trash.
- Next, use a scrub sponge to clean the exterior of the toilet. Pay attention the base and floor around the toilet while you’re there. If you have a modern toilet with a quick-disconnect toilet seat, remove the seat and clean it separately.
- Once the exterior is clean, use a toilet brush to clean the bowl. If you have hard water rings or stains, use a pumice stone to remove these.
- You know the area underneath the rim where water pours out? Since this is out of sight, many people don’t scrub it. Don’t ignore this area! Use your brush or sponge to clean the underside of the rim.
Best Way to Clean a Toilet
We get it. It’s a toilet. Not many people enjoy cleaning toilets. But like most household care, cleaning your toilet regularly will make the process even easier next time. Regular toilet cleaning also eliminates harmful bacteria and ugly mineral or soil buildup. With many years of toilet scrubbing experience, Goodpapa pros have found that the best way to clean a toilet is fast and efficiently. To do that, always have the right supplies on hand.
Toilet Cleaning Supplies
Keep these supplies in a tote or bucket to separate them from the rest of your cleaning supplies. It’s not a good idea to clean the sink with the toilet sponge or wash dishes with the same rubber gloves.
- Waterproof rubber gloves
- Scrub sponge
- Toilet cleaner or vinegar
- Toilet brush
- All-purpose disinfectant spray
- Cloth or towel
- Pumice stone
- Paper towels
Cleaning Your Toilet Water Tank
Don’t forget about the water tank! Remove the lid and take a peek inside. If you see any mineral buildup or crud, pour four cups of vinegar into the tank. Allow this to soak for up to an hour. Next, turn the water off to your toilet and flush the toilet. This will drain the tank. Use a sponge or toilet brush to scrub the tank walls while the tank is empty. Turn the water back on, allow the tank to fill, and flush the toilet several times to rinse out the tank.
Don’t neglect your toilet bowl brush. You can use Goodpapa UVC sterilization toilet brush to keep it clean and sanitized between uses.
Leave A Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *